Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

"God Gave Me You"

There has been a song on the radio lately that I have fallen absolutely in love with; it's "God Gave Me You."  Both Dave Barnes and Blake Shelton have a version of it and every time I hear it my heart beats a little faster, I start to sing (which it a little scary haha), and can't get it out of my head.  Both Dave and Blake do the song very well, but I recently watched Dave Barne's video and fell even more in love with the song:


        




Awesome and catchy, huh?  


Brook and I celebrated our one year this past weekend and this song kept playing in my head through the weekend.  Fortunately we have had more ups than downs in our first year of marriage, but I think back on all of the things we have done and encountered in the past year and I know that God gave us each other for a reason.  Last year we danced to the song, "Then," by Brad Paisley for our first dance which goes:


"I remember trying not to stare
The night that I first met you
You had me mezmorized
And three weeks later
In the front porch light
Taking 45 minutes to kiss goodnight
I hadn't told you yet
I thought I loved you then

Now you're my whole life
Now you're my whole world
I just can't believe
The way I feel about you girl
Like a river meets the sea
Stronger than its ever been
We've come so far since that day...
And I thought I loved you then"                                             


Well, I think we've come even further since that day and have learned to lean on each other and God even more.  One year down, and another song added to our soundtrack of life. Marriage truly is a blessing!

We celebrated with a whole weekend together--that hasn't happened in a long time!  One of my co-workers was nice enough to pick up my shift on Saturday so that we could go to Tampa.  Our plans were to go to the Tampa Lowry Park Zoo, but upon arriving it started to downpour, so instead we decided to catch a movie in Ybor.  The Muvico theater is pretty awesome, they actually have a bar in the movie theater, so you can drink beer and wine while watching your movie!  We saw The Change-Up with Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman--very funny!!  Although the movie has the cheesy "I wish I had your life body switch" plot they added a really funny twist and despite the comedy the movie did offer a good message. Realize what you have and be grateful for it.  Somehow we always want what we can't have.  Why is that??  

We also hit up an arcade in Ybor (yes we were the only non-parent adults in there haha), ate at Blue Dog Bistro, and went to Coyote Ugly.   


Sunday we walked around and ate in St. Armands Circle in Sarasota, floated around in the ocean and shelled at Lido Beach, went to Sunday night church service, and ate Bonefish.  Great day!  





No comments:

Post a Comment