Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day...a little late

I haven't gotten the chance to write in the past couple of days, but for good reasons.  Saturday, I woke up early and fed the homeless breakfast in downtown Bradenton.  This was my first week volunteering with Bayside Church, but I am going to continue to do it every week.  Because I was a new face to other volunteers I didn't get much of a chance to interact with the homeless, but rather just other volunteers.  I met two really nice women in their 50's or so who took me out to breakfast afterwards to a cute little place called Norma Rae's.  It was a good start to the day, but then I got slammed at work the rest of the weekend because of Father's day.

Father's day always reminds me of how blessed I really am.  I have the most incredible earthly father, the most forgiving and graceful heavenly father, and last August I gained a phenomenal father-in-law.  I am extremely lucky to have been blessed with these incredible men in my life.  



My dad has always been my hero--he has been a great mentor, provider, husband, boss, father, friend, and so much more to so many people.  I truly believe that this world is a better place because of him.  I am a better person because of him.  It seems like I can go anywhere in Fort Wayne and mention my dad's name and someone says, "Kurt is your dad?  He is such a great guy."  My response: "He truly is!"  
Thank you dad for being the incredible person and father that you are!

My father-in-law has considered me his "daughter" from pretty much day 1 of Brook and I dating--and that has always meant so much to me.  He would do anything for me, and would expect nothing in return.  He is a great father and husband--I am lucky that Brook has such a great model to follow. 


On another note I had an interview yesterday that I am pretty excited about--prayers would be appreciated!!  Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. I've always admired your dad, Abby. (Your mom, too, for that matter.) You've been blessed with wonderful parents! The picture of you and your dad is precious!

    ReplyDelete